Friday, August 3, 2012

NRA, Chick-Fil-A, What else do I have to say?




Ah, yes. That famous Billy Joel history lesson that re-introduced us to both the Charles Starkweather homicides and the Children of Thalidomide. Still poignant after all these years. I use this because everyone's been pissed off at both the famous fast food chicken company and the infamous NRA in the last few weeks. I don't really want to say too much about the Chick-Fil-A tragedy. I am pro-gay marriage, but aside from when one stops carrying their delicious bacon, egg and cheese breakfast wraps (I'm looking at YOU, Burger King!) I will rarely boycott a restaurant of any kind. I also think the word "hate," or "H8," as some now call it, is thrown around way too freely these days.

What occurred to me, and the reason I am writing this, is that following the shooting in Aurora, Colorado by the demented punk, everyone, at least on the Left, has been wagging their fingers at the National Rifle Association, just as they did with Columbine are other shootings. However, what I do not recall is very many people blasting the NRA after the shootings in Tucson, Arizona that injured Gabrielle Giffords in January 2011.





What's fascinating is the reason for this, which was who needed the NRA when we had  Sarah Palin and former Giffords opponent Jesse Kelly to go after? For the Left, when there's a more mouth-watering target (no pun intended) to focus on, the NRA gets a free pass.


Anywayz, having said this I found a partial list of what we wanted to named our cats back when they were born eight and a half years ago. So that's cute, eh?






Winning Name: Basil     

Contenders:

Sabu
Uncle Arthur
Henry Pussycat
Jimmy Four-Paws
Catrick

Winning Name: Tandoori (Tandy for short)

Contenders:

Staples
Claude (or Clawed)
Mooshu
Ikea


No comments:

Post a Comment